All,

I created an lpex plugin for RDi and had no trouble getting it to work on
my machine.

I then copied the jar file onto the machine of a work colleague ( stopping
and restarting eclipse ) and defined the new userAction to call it and
assigned it a shortcut key.

But when I return to the view of an open RPGLE source member, I get a
message that the class is not found.

To figure out where the plugin directory was, ( we are running citrix /
vdi, which makes things a bit awkward and sometimes out of our control ) I
right-clicked RDi from the Start Menu and selected "open file location" and
then used this as a start to drill down to the plugin directory.

It seems clear that the plugin was loaded, on my machine I can see it under
installation details on the plugin tab, but not on my colleague's machine.
However I can see no evidence in the log that there was a problem loading
the plugin.

I'm not doing anything funky with the plugin, simply running the command
"insertText" with various strings and using the "end" and "up" actions to
reposition the cursor.

My best guess right now is that it's because of different versions of
Eclipse / RDI / JRE. I'm running 9.5.03 of Eclipse and Java 8. The other
machine ( well, machines, I hassled a couple of colleagues ) are using
9.1.?? of Eclipse and I think Java 7.

Forgive my plugin ignorance but do I have build a plugin back to their
levels of Eclipse and/or Java? If Eclipse encounters an incompatible plugin
when it starts up does it just fail silently rather than logging the fact?

Any suggestions/advice gratefully accepted.
thanks in advance
Craig