@Buck - Well that was easy, although all of the credit goes to you, not me!

I followed your RDP_ToPrefixArea example above and it just took a couple of
minutes to set up what I wanted using "insertText //\u0082" ( or something
like that... )
Thanks so much, I very much appreciate you taking the trouble to post all
of the steps so clearly.

I would encourage anyone else who has an inkling of an idea to create their
own simple plugins to have a go!

@Matt - I had a quick peruse of the ComposeAction class. That looks an
interesting one for me to try too, I'll certainly look at that in a bit
more detail when I can make the time.

Nice one, I'm encouraged now to understand it in a bit more detail and
write a few more of my own actions.

Thanks all!
Craig