Hi Darren,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Of course you can post it here and
of course I will find it here, although the recommended channel is the
ticket system at SourceForge.

I am somewhat astonished about that you still have problem changing
filter attributes. I extensively tested restarting the monitor after
having change filter attributes. I do not yet have an idea of what might
cause that problem.

What version of the plug-in do you use? RDi or WDSCi?
What version of RDi/WDSCi do you use?

work around. I also tried to filter on the job name using a wildcard,
which it didn't seem to use, such as MOV*.

Today on the message text is tested for generic values and you must not
(yet) use wildcard characters. But maybe it is a good idea to allow
wildcard character (* and ?) for all character fields. I consider
changing that.

One last thing, I cannot seem to get it to remember that I've
selected the "Display informational messages as list on startup"
dialog check box. It always clears the box when I come into
the properties page.

Fixed.

Regards,

Thomas.

Am 09.02.2016 um 21:58 schrieb
darren-tksaTn4SAz0AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I uploaded 2.8.1.b001 with the following enhancements:

Added option to filter messages by message ID in the
iSphere message file editor.

Fixed problem that messages of a monitored message queue
could not be deleted by hand. (See documentation.)

Thomas.

Is this the correct forum to provide feedback? Would it be more
appropriate to post on the plugin's download site perhaps?

The monitor still seems kind of finicky when I'm trying to change the
filter values. Anytime I try to change something while its active, it
tells me there is already another lock on the queue. Since I've signed out
of all 5250 sessions, it must be the monitor itself locking the queue. If
I disconnect from the system in RDi, I can then change the value which
causes a reconnect and no complaint about an existing lock, so I have a
work around. I also tried to filter on the job name using a wildcard,
which it didn't seem to use, such as MOV*.

I was able to filter out most of the extra messages that our CM tool (MKS)
sends and actually get some feedback when I'm promoting a program object,
yay, so its much better than I had before. Thank you again.