From: paultherrien <paultherrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/27/2016 05:09 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDI - File system error: Read timed out.
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks,
I will take a look and see what we have it set to.

On January 27, 2016 at 5:01 PM "Barron, Jeff"
<Jeff.Barron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This rang a bell with me, so I dredged up an old email. This solved my
dropping problems.

If it works for you, tip of the cap to Kurt Anderson. If I'm sending bad
information, sorry for cluttering the mail list.

<snip>

You mentioned dropping every twenty minutes. One thing you could check is
the
TCPKEEPALV value when prompting on the CHGTCPA command. When our default
was
120 the RDi connection would get dropped every so often. I now have it
set to
5 and I haven't experienced a connection drop with RDi ever since.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery
Platform

<snip>