Indeed RDi does simply invoke the CRTBNDRPG/CRTRPGMOD/etc. commands. But
unfortunately it does this within the QRSEEXEC program which runs in
*SYSTEM state. The command analyzer APIs are not called in that case.

I know this would require modifying each developers installation (sounds
like a case for 'Push to client'), but you can try it as an experiment.

Here's a simple command RDIEXEC and CL RDIEXECP to try it:

CMD PROMPT('RDI Execute Command') TEXT('RDi Execute +
Command')

PARM KWD(CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(5000) MIN(1) VARY(*YES +
*INT4) CHOICE('Command string') INLPMTLEN(512) +
PROMPT('Command to execute')

Create the command with:

CRTCMD RDIEXEC PGM(RDIEXECP) SRCFILE(yoursourcefile)

PGM PARM(&CMDPARM)

DCL VAR(&CMDPARM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(5000)
DCL VAR(&CMDLEN) TYPE(*INT) LEN(4) +
STG(*DEFINED) DEFVAR(&CMDPARM 1)
DCL VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4996) +
STG(*DEFINED) DEFVAR(&CMDPARM 5)

DCL VAR(&QCMDEXCLEN) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(15 5)
DCL VAR(&QCMDEXCCMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4996)

DCL VAR(&MSGDTA) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(512)
DCL VAR(&MSGID) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)
DCL VAR(&MSGF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&MSGFLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

CHGVAR VAR(&QCMDEXCLEN) VALUE(&CMDLEN)
CHGVAR VAR(&QCMDEXCCMD) VALUE(%SST(&CMD 1 &CMDLEN))

CALL PGM(QCMDEXC) PARM(&QCMDEXCCMD &QCMDEXCLEN)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)

RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*LAST) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID) +
MSGF(&MSGF) SNDMSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)
SNDPGMMSG MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(&MSGFLIB/&MSGF) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA)

RETURN
ENDPGM

Create the program with:

CRTBNDCL RDIEXECP SRCFILE(yoursourcefile)

In RDi, open whatever you want to compile, click on 'Compile', then
'Compile' from the sub-menu, then 'Work With Compile Commands...'

Give the command a label like 'Execute Command', the command should then
be (for a bound RPGLE program) 'RDIEXEC CMD(? CRTBNDRPG &O/&N
SRCFILE(&L/&F) OPTION(*EVENTF)) /* DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) */

Specifying OPTION(*EVENTF) will allow the compiler to populate the
necessary information for the RDi Error List. I've appended a comment of
DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) which I believe is also required for RDi to properly
process the compile. I've prefixed the basic command with a question mark
which will cause the actual compile command to always be prompted. You may
not want that in a production set up, but this should quickly tell you
whether your CMD analyzer exit program is being called.

The whole process could be developed a lot further, but this at least
tests the concept. (RDIEXECP should run under *USER state and therefore
the CMD analyzer should be called.) I would test it here, but I don't have
the authority to register the required exit points. If the concept works,
I could probably get our administrator to buy into it and handle the
registration for me.

I hope this helps,
Michael Quigley
Computer Services