On 16-Oct-2015 09:37 -0500, Tim Bronski wrote:
<<SNIP>> One thing I've asked myself - and this mightn't win me
friends at IBM - is, do the IBM programmers use RDi? There are a lot
of niggles and bugs that anyone using the product would bump into
and surely would want fixed.

Given there is likely to be a dearth of coding being done in [ILE] RPG [esp. by RDi developers whose code, other than any server-based processing, which is likely only to run on the client, on which of course probably there would not even be an RPGII available], the answer is at least partially, with respect to RPG anyhow,... No. And of course, given RPG beyond RPGIII is only IBM i, then the pool of developers is further limited to just the IBM programmers specifically programming for the IBM i.

That is to suggest, that probably, any RDi capabilities specific for the RPG language are being exercised by few if any developers in IBM, beyond what RDi RPG-source and SQLRPG-source based test-cases that exist and get performed. AFaIK, and can be inferred from publicly available information [in part, by WRKPGM *ALL/*ALL RPGLE], about the only notable amount of code on the system written in RPG is found in BRMS, AJS [from what I recall], PFR\PM400 [almost likely just reporting tools], and a few in ADTS [other than just sample programs]; of course there is no way to determine from those programs installed on a system where, if even, the development uses RDi for editing their source or debugging of their procedures.