Pavel,
In the ILE COBOL Programmer’s Guide there is an "Appendix G.
Migration and Compatibility Considerations between OPM COBOL/400 and ILE
COBOL". I would at least look thru that. Things like how NEXT SENTENCE
works has change, plus you have activation groups etc... I converted a set
of programs that did some reports for us from OPM to ILE just to see, and
the set of programs just didn't work with a recompile(and I change every
program from OPM to ILE, subprograms included). Mixing between OPM and ILE
would probable cause even more issue with the Activation Groups that ILE
programs have. We have other concerns in our environment, where
programmers tend to take the default compile commands, which could cause
issues if you had set the activation group to something specific and they
recompile with defaults and your settings gets wiped out(we don't have a
change management system). I thought I saw somewhere, being able to set
activation group settings in the ILE COBOL programs PROCESS statement is
coming in a newer version, but not for sure. I think ILE CL programs got
the option, I think in V6R1.

With that said, I have created new batch programs and converted a couple to
ILE that are run by themselves. I also have created some ILE sub-programs
or helper one time programs, that are used to do things OPM COBOL just
can't do as easy like dates, functions, etc...

I have picked and choose where to use it, but I would not assume just
recompiling to ILE will work. Just my two cents....

Thanks,