From #2, Just copied your shortcut and it worked on my PC.
Thanks a lot
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some of the smaller countries are neutral. -- Robert Orben (comedy writer)
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Everton
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Running SQL scripts
1. For SQL errors, SQL message finder is much more informative than the green screen DSPMSGD. Here's a link to the V7R1 version:
2. For running the Navigator SQL script tool I use a shortcut on my task bar. On my installation the shortcut is C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared\cwbundbs.exe
3. Surveyor also has a nice SQL script tool that allows export to multiple formats. It also has F4 prompting of the tables to give you a selection box of all the columns.
4. My work environment has multiple iSeries/partitions, and with 7.1 technology refresh 4 update allows a three part qualifier that allows me to look at data from any machine from the same connection. relational database name/schema name/table-or-view name
5. IBM is creating views, UDFs, UDTFs and procedures that are replacing APIs. Here's the link:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.