1. For SQL errors, SQL message finder is much more informative than the
green screen DSPMSGD. Here's a link to the V7R1 version:
2. For running the Navigator SQL script tool I use a shortcut on my task
bar. On my installation the shortcut is C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client
3. Surveyor also has a nice SQL script tool that allows export to multiple
formats. It also has F4 prompting of the tables to give you a selection box
of all the columns.
4. My work environment has multiple iSeries/partitions, and with 7.1
technology refresh 4 update allows a three part qualifier that allows me to
look at data from any machine from the same connection. relational database
name/schema name/table-or-view name
5. IBM is creating views, UDFs, UDTFs and procedures that are replacing
APIs. Here's the link:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.