Man, I was going to try that, but I said to myself "Why would they remove sorting ONLY from the static view"? That's what I get for talking to myself. :)

Okay, a few things now that I'm digging:

1. The Outline setting is not in program verifier. Program verifier has only a checkbox for Generate listing and some subtopics. If I remember correctly, live outline is in Remote Systems LPX -> IBM i Parsers -> ILE RPG.

2. Changing the setting didn't work until I restarted the product.

3. The filter on the Preferences panel is in bad shape. Typing "outline" didn't find that setting. Also, it does weird things. Try typing RES in and see what you get. Why would I get the page for JavaScript -> Debug -> Rhino as a filtered preference?

Just little things. annoyances not critical issues. Especially since I did manage to get my button back, and on top of it I like the new color scheme. :)

Joe

Joe,
There are 2 flavours of outline view. The new dynamic "live" outline and
the old static outline. You are in the static outline if you ONLY have the
refresh button. You can switch between them (without resorting to a new
workspace) by going to preferences->Remote Systems->IBM i->Program
Verifier->ILE RPG
If you are in the new outline view, the menu on the outline view itself
will take you to this preferences page.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
COBOL IDE on AIX, DDS, WebFacing, System i Application Development,
Rational Developer for Power