On 12/20/2013 11:47 AM, Brian May wrote:
For your "common code templates", give Snippets in RDi a try. You will have to open the view under Window > Show View > Other....

With snippets, you can set up a commonly used block of code, and put in placeholders for the variable bits. Then when you want to use it, place your cursor where you want the code to go, double click the Snippet to use, a dialog will come up for you to plug in the variable bits and then the block of code is inserted. I don't do green screen development any more, but at my previous job, I had snippets for things like subfiles. I still have snippets for defining and calling complicated API's or even for my code to read through a file using RLA. The snippet has the SETLL, READE, DOW, second READE, and ENDO all mapped out. I have place holders for the file name and the key.

You should definitely give it a spin. You might not miss your macros quite as much.

Now that we are column-free, snippets make a lot more sense. I'll have
to transition my templates over. Thanks for the reminder!
--buck