Maybe I'll be the controversial one here. I love having lots of detail
available in the tokenizing choices.

When I look at the Parser Styles, I click the item I want to change and
see what the parser calls it. Then, like Buck, I'll click the Outline box
to see what else would be affected by a change. I make any adjustments
based on that. But to turn massive amounts of stuff straight black
reduces the value of the IDE--just my opinion. I know color groupings
(tokens) doesn't always follow the thinking from a programmer's view of
the language. But I understand it from the tokenizer/parser's point of
view, The terminology for the tokenizer has to be rather generic (or
perhaps more accurately language-agnostic) since it really doesn't know
anything about the language.

The way the tokens are broken-up or grouped makes sense to me.