Hi Mike,

For POJO (Plain Old Java Objects) programming, the JDT that comes with Rdp
will be sufficient (it is what we Rdp developers use).
If you are using Web Services or EJBs or HATS screen scraping then you will
want Power Tools(Java/web) or Rdi SOA (HATS/web/EGL).

For licensing you can bundle with as subset of RAD in Power Tools or Rdi
SOA for a better price then both separately, but it doesn't sound like you
need that, so save yourself the money.
If you are using extensive web design or web services then you should
consider the bundle with Power Tools for IBM i (the eclipse.org/wdt tools
are already free and can downloaded from there, just make sure you download
the match level of Eclipse which is 3.6.1 for Rdp 8.x)
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/rdproductline/compare.html#dtab2N1020F

When you purchase Rdp you only want the RPG and COBOL tooling (I assume
that you are not playing around with COBOL or C on AIX/Linux).
There are 3 license types
- term - only lasts one year and then expires (probably not what you want,
since it ends up being more expensive after a couple of years)
- token - with a large shop this makes sense since not as many people will
use the product concurrently so you might save money - again doesn't apply
to your 2 person shop
- authorized user - buy per person - lasts forever - but the SWMA needs to
be renewed - this is what you want
-
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------|
|IBM Rational Developer for Power System RPG and COBOL Development Tools for i Authorized User |913.00|
|License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months (D0C5FLL) | |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+------|

https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/buyingtools/paexpress/Express?P0=E1&part_number=D0C5FLL&catalogLocale=en_US&locale=en_US&country=USA&PT=html

Lots of good reasons to upgrade
- Graphical DDS screen and report design
- Application diagram - for graphical program understanding and navigation
- "As you type" RPG outline feedback
- all new language features supported
- faster and more stable
- more...

So I suggest you pitch just Rdp for RPG/COBOL for $913 - this may seem
complex but basically we are trying to save you money by having you only
buy what you need (speeds up your computer too)

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
COBOL IDE on AIX, DDS, WebFacing, System i Application Development,
Rational Developer for Power

2D barcode - Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Phone: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
encoded with E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
contact AIX COBOL: 8200 Warden Ave
information www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of Canada
God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - 1
Thessalonians 5:18