If you open a member without first "starting" a connection, it has to do
that the first time you open something. For example, I regularly keep the
Remote Systems view minimized. In this state, the connection is not started
immediately at startup as I suppose there is no need for it. As soon as I
either display the Remote Systems view OR open a member, the connection is
started and takes 8-10 seconds or so. Opening a member after that takes
about 2-3 seconds, most of which is Eclipse overhead and loading the outline
and the caches (or whatever it's doing).

Stu

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 08:56, Tarr, Kenneth <