To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Gibbs
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 07/29/2011 04:39PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using RDP 8.0 i Projects

On 7/29/2011 3:15 PM, Richard Schoen wrote:
David, your bias is showing. You did promise to be open minded  :-)

I don't see where a bias is involved ... we're not talking about the SVN client project ... we're talking about IBM i project's in RDp.

I think that the SVN project you're looking into should hook into the RSE and *NOT* IBM i Projects, as IBM i Project's isn't a _natural_ way for IBM i developers to work.

IBM i project's present a development model that isn't natural for IBM i developers.  IBM i developers edit, compile, test, edit, compile, test, (repeat until it works).

They don't edit, edit, edit, edit, compile, test, done.

david