To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Gibbs
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 07/29/2011 04:41PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Refresh the member lock

On 7/29/2011 3:19 PM, Justin Taylor wrote:
IMO, it seems to me to be a simple problem, with an equally simple
solution.  RDp is re-opening source members without locking them.
RDp needs to be fixed to relock those source members or open the
member in browse if it cannot get a lock (notifying the user of
course).

Last time I checked (which is about 30 seconds ago), that's exactly what RDp does.

If a member is locked by another editor, it displays a dialog indicating that the member is locked and tells you what job is holding the lock.

You're offered the ability to open the member in browse mode or end the other job and open the member in edit mode (assuming, of course, you have the authority to end the other job).

david