I just recently installed the RDP 8.0.2 60-day trial. I'm a long time user of WDSC 7.

In WCSC I'd do Ctrl-S to save, then immediately click on the memu Compile, Compile, then the CRT... command. Never any delay.

In RDP 8.0.2 if I do the same thing the compile command is grayed out and I have to wait and try it again. How long the wait is is hard to determine, but maybe 2-3 seconds, enough to be noticeable and a little annoying.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that they changed the logic of the saves so it went to a temporary member, followed by a delete and rename, or some such, so that you didn't get partially saved members if the communications link failed. Maybe that is what is taking the extra time.

In RDP I no longer do the Ctrl-S. After clicking to compile I get prompted to save the member and click OK. That way RDP does the waiting until the save has completed successfully.

It is difficult to say anything else conclusive about speed, but I will not these impressions:

1) Prompting a CL command seems to be slower. I set the option to the fastest choice today which I thought would have cached the command I then prompted, but re-prompting it again seemed to be just as slow. (Maybe I have to restart RDP to make this option take effect?)

2) Refreshing the outline still isn't blazing fast, but it no longer holds you up when editing.

3) Refreshing a library or file in the RSE outline seems a mite slower, but it might just be the little icon that now shows while it is working.

Sam