Jon,

I couldn't agree with you more. This issue has come up on these lists time
and time again.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 6, 2011, at 4:36 PM, wdsci-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

It sounds like your business partner does not know how to order license
keys directly from ESS. If you can give us a contact at your BP, we
will
help fix this problem for you.

Edmund - while it would be obviously good to fix the issue with this one BP
_please_ don't think that will solve anything very much. This is a very
widespread problem. I have yet to meet a BP who knew how to do this. And I
can't count the number of people who have come up to me at conferences etc.
and told me that their BP doesn't know how to do it. The situation outside
of North America is in many places even worse - yes I know that's hard to
believe but ...

If nothing else IBM needs to create one nice, simple page that spells out
the "How to get your keys". Not buried in legalese or other irrelevant
stuff, just the basic facts. Make sure it has all the right keywords so that
google will give it high hit rating and we'd all be much happier. If IBM
can't then perhaps give the list the information and we'll publish it on as
many sites as we can find. Surely this isn't rocket science.

Jon Paris