From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:26 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RD Power v7.5

The product is not RDP. At IBM, p stood for the hardware running AIX. The
brand is Power, and this is not abbreviated to p. Ever.

IBM named it Rational Developer for Power Systems Software. It is referred
to as RD Power by IBM. You can see this on many IBM websites...
http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/community/rpg/rdi?view=discuss
ions
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/products/rdp/?S_TACT=105AGX15

Whatever Joe deems to make up is not the name. Joe calling it something that
IBM is not calling it, does not help. It just adds to the confusion.