Jeff

Thanks - that is the issue I have, as well. I depend on source change dates for a number of things. So because the SoftLanding merge changes ALL the dates, it is not my choice. 55 changes only those I change. Otherwise, I'd use it, as well.

BTW, another nice plugin ins ARCAD's 5250 emulator. If you want to stay in WDSC+ and have an emulator, it works just fine. You know, for showing interactive stuff occasionally. I am actively working in an emulator, so it's not my choice. I rely heavily on the macro feature of PC5250, which for me is top-notch. You can download the plugin at www.arcadsoftware.com

Vern

Jeff Buening wrote:
Jon,

Are you talking about the free Soft landing plug-in compare and merge
utility? IF so........

I would have to agree with Vern that PDM option 55 is better, ONLY because
I don't like that the Soft landing utility resets all the source dates to
current date when you make a change. We like knowing the dates of when
lines where changed. Or does any one know how to not have this happen with
the Soft Landing plug-in, because that is the only reason I am using the
PDM option 55 instead of Soft Landing.

Jeff

message: 4
date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:32:42 -0400
from: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RdI vs SEU was: RE: Change management systems