Kurt,

I am on WDSC 7.0. I use search in two different ways.

a) I create a filter that shows multiple source files. For example if I
know I'm looking in RPG or CL files, I will create a filter that shows me
all the CL or RPG source files from all the source libraries (ours end in
*SRC). Once I have those shown, I can right click on the filter name, and
choose "Find String" from the popup menu.

b) If I am looking for source members with a specific naming pattern, I will
create a filter for that, then I can search that filter.

I think there is another way to get the search started, If you use the
Search drop down menu, you can find a search string on iSeries by naming the
connection, library (and you can use wild cards for library, file and member
name like *src) file, member and what type of file gets searched. You can
also specify column if you like. I had not done this before, so I tried to
find all occurances of a file name in all my source library that had *CL* in
the source file name. It finished in just a few seconds, and displayed the
results.

Note that I have filter pools turned on, so I can have multiple filters set
up for multiple connections.

HTH

Jim

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Kurt Anderson <kurt.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx