Because it's not a cost increase. WDSC never cost anything. WDSC was given away for free. Now it's not free. It's not the first time a free service has gone for-fee.

Better question: how do they justify $795 a seat for ADTS?

Really, if you want to argue the new pricing and unbundling, be my guest. I won't disagree. But that's about the same as blaming Bush for today's political issues - it's the past and there's nothing to be done about it. Today, we have either ADTS or RDi, and from that standpoint, it's a no-brainer.

Joe

Joe Pluta wrote:
Second, it's not that expensive. It'RDi is $700 for the initial license and $140 bucks a year per seat. Are you not worth that? I mean seriously, if you save 40 hours in a year, you've more than paid for the cost of the seat, no? I guarantee you can save an hour a week just using the Search capabilities.

To be honest, this is really my biggest gripe about RDi 7.5.

Since there is very little perceivable enhancement from WDSC 7.0 to RDi 7.5, how can the cost increase be justified?

As a plug-in developer, I know that it's almost entirely a complete rewrite ... but from outwards appearances, it's pretty much the same. And, in some small respects, a step backwards (due to bugs fixed in WDSC that were reintroduced in RDI).

david