an example: We have an SQL column defined as a CLOB. The die hard green
screen go to a green screen to verify that it was populated. The green
screen returns '*POINTER' in the column. The Green screen programmer freaks
out and thinks his work is wrong. If he goes to the system i navigator and
query the table well it comes up with all the 'text'. We have to get off
the green screen to work with SQL defined databases. I think.

Also, the dot net programmers think you are way cooler if you are using RDi.
Now that's worth a buck or two at least.