Hey Mark! I don't have time for a complete rundown of this, and maybe some IBMers can chime in. But let me give some quick figures:

Hi Joe,

Do you have a checklist of what's required to get up and running with EGL?

1) Minimum PC config. The real minimum to get some work done, not just being able to get the splash screen.
I tell people a 1.6GHz processor, a 7200RPM disk drive, and 1GB of RAM. 2GB is better. My machine is 3GHz dual-core (overclocked), 10K drive and 3GB of RAM - cost me $700.

2) Additional RAM / disk requirements on the i side, if any.
None until you deploy, and after that only the extra RAM for WebSphere. Amount depends, but 512MB is typically good for a standard application.

3) Software pre-requisites in the i.
5722WDS option 60.

4) Configuration efforts on the i. Think complete novice to EGL, Java, GUI on the i, Websphere, etc.
Nothing to get started. You can do all your playing and testing in RDi-SOA on the desktop.

5) Are there any good i-centric tutorials, preferably free?
A ton of them, on EGL Cafe and on Jon Sayles website.

6) What unique to EGL (vs. green screen) design issues are there?
That's a whole topic in itself.

7) What unique to EGL (vs. green screen) deployment issues are there?
It's a standard web app - export EAR file to IFS mapped drive, install to WebSphere. Two steps, minutes to do.

8) Is there a single developer version that someone can try (not time limited) before buying into it?
Yes, if you get a Power 520 Express Edition machine. Otherwise it's a 60 day trial. I think 60 days is too short. If you agree, register your complaint with IBM.

9) Other issues...
Welcome to the brave new world <smile>.

Joe