I've really *enjoyed* the debate on this thread...i haven't used EGL but i
*have* used HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP. I have yet to see how they are
hard to learn...to me the hardest part of any of them is getting the CSS,
Javascript working across the 5 bazillion browsers that are in use today.
(of course that's because i suck at CSS...all those darn classes to
remember, it's more of a CRS thing that a coding problem 8^) ).

Aaron mentioned something about not teaching the RPGer's the web part of
the process (coding, etc) i have to disagree. All participants in any
project should have at least an inkling of knowledge about how it's put
together.

maybe i'll get to EGL someday...but it will be when it's either
required/desired by the company i work for. the HTML, Javascript, CSS,
etc. i learned on my own years ago (which is why I can't remember LOL) i
did for myself, not for my job. do i use that knowledge you bet. can/will
i use EGL for my own use? nope, i don't really have a purpose for it.

to wrap up, use whatever you *need* to, to get the job done. but either
way, EGL or other, it's *still* a worthwhile effort to learn HTML, CSS and
maybe some javascript ( but most of the things you need you can find for
free on the interweb ).

Thanks,
Tommy Holden