From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Saturday, 9 February 2008 2:11 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSociety Fireside Chat recording available?

[Aaron puts on lipstick...]
Thanks. There's an image that's going to take a lot of therapy to
remove...

Am I at fault for providing input as to where I see you going with
your
"stop using ADTS"
Yeah, you are at fault <smile>. Stop jumping the gun, and conversations

will be much more civil. All kidding aside, I'd really rather discuss
what I said, not what you think I'm going to say. That's just an
interpersonal conversation thing, but it gets exacerbated by the mailing

list medium because I have to waste time rebutting things I never said,
but that you think I was going to say. AIEEE! <grin>

It's just input, and yes, you are starting to sound like a RDi purist.
As others have stated, "stop using ADTS" just isn't possible right now
with what's in RDi/WDSC.

I want to get everyone off of ADTS that can be gotten. Some people are
diehards and will never leave, some people's jobs make ADTS a
requirement. I think those are by far the exception rather than the
rule; I have met almost nobody who has used WDSC diligently for a couple

of months who wants to go back to ADTS. But there are still issues that

stop people from getting off of ADTS.

If you insist on having ADTS, and IBM insists on charging you extra for
having both, there are a lot of comanies that aren't going to spring for

RDi, and that's a problem.

So what I want from this group is not "we need ADTS" but instead, what
exactly is needed in RDi to make ADTS superfluous. That way, they can
move to RDi (for no charge) and then when the time comes to move past
green screen technology, they'll already be halfway there, and they
won't have to add "IDE learning curve" to the cost of modernization.

Does that make sense?

Joe