From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Reed
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:55 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC vs SEU

Be careful. Changing from CL to CLLE may not be trivial. Be
sure that the CL's and the programs they call are running in
the proper activation group. QILE is the default for CLLE's,
but your RPG's, etc, could be in others depending on your
program specs and compile options.

The impact of running in the wrong group is most noticeable
with overrides. The safest way to ensure that your overrides
are in effect is to specify both OVRSCOPE(*JOB) and
OPNSCOPE(*JOB) in any OVR* commands.

The first time we tried changing from CL to CLLE, a long time
ago, we did it wrong, and had a situation where we overrode
to a specific member in a multi-member file, then ran a
program which deleted a bunch of records. Wrong override,
wrong member. Ouch.

Bill Reed
Rock of Ages Corp.