From: wdsci-l-bounces+breed=barre.rockofages.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces+breed=barre.rockofages.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Wilt, Charles
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:10 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC vs SEU

Bill,

Assuming the defaults haven't been changed, if you convert RPG III to
RPG IV using CVTRPGSRC, convert
CLP to CLLE and continue to use CRTBNDxxx (PDM option 14-Compile).

Then both the CLLE and the RPGLE programs will be created with
DFTACTGRP(*YES) and will continue to
work like OPM programs.

These conversions are indeed trivial.

Things become not trivial, once you specify DFTACTGRP(*NO) in any of the
programs in the job stream.
Before doing so, you need to understand activation groups.

While OVRSCOPE(*JOB) may fix problems, it is IMHO not usually the
"correct" answer. OVRSCOPE(*JOB) is
sometimes needed, but more often it is used as a brute force fix by
those who don't understand
activation groups.

Charles