I was finally able to find this on the IBM website.

Local fix
Workaround:
a) Use Source Editor
OR
b) If you need
an immediate workaround, you can try :
..
- Creata a brand new jsp file so that PageDesigner can open it.
- Make sure the design page is opened.
- JSP > Show Embedded Documents
- Make sure that this menu is unchecked. This will disable
JSP include feature temporarily.
- Close this jsp
- Open jsp which caused this error
..
Until you will turn of JSP > Show Embedded Documents, jsp
include feature will be off.

jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/15/2007 10:06 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] (no subject)

When I try to open a .jsp with page designer in WDSCi I am getting an
error...

Unable to create part:

Then within the window that opens it says...

An error has occurred when creating this editor

I am able to open the .jsp just fine if I select open with "jsp source
page editor" but not with page designer.
Has anyone ever had this happen to then in WDSCi when trying to open a
.jsp?

John.