From: albartell

Executing STRDBG PGM1 from command line took less than 1 sec. Pressing F6
to add break point to PGM1 took even less than STRDBG. Calling the
debugged
program and having it stop on the first executable line of code took less
than 1 second. At this point I would consider I am at the same point as
WDSC.

Did you do this from a newly signed on job? Because that's in effect what
you do when you debug in batch.

So to tally the numbers I would say that I am safely under 3 seconds on
the
green screen side and still at 20 seconds on the WDSC side.

Again, I highly suggest you check your joblog, and see what the timestamps
are. In a normal scenario, all the lines in your joblog will be pretty
close together (within milliseconds, IIRC). I'm particularly interested to
see if the 20 seconds is BEFORE the first statement of the job is executed,
or AFTER the job hits the breakpoint, so you're going to need another job
that you can display the System i system time on at the exact time you
submit the job from WDSC.

If that doesn't help, the next step is Ethereal (now called WireShark).
Watch the traffic on the network to try and identify when the various events
occur.

Joe