From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Boettcher
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:55 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Filter Pools

Too impatient to wait for the first question and tried setting up a
object filter, then clicked on properties and limited it to files and
*SRC* for type to catch all  the old 38 source files also.

Looks great * fewer filters already.

I guess because I always used option 3 on PDM I didn't think of getting
to source members like this but I can probably get used to it.  :>)

Thanks,

Dave B

<jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/28/07 9:59 AM >>>

I use filter pools all the time.  For example, I might have an
application
that might take up a dozen or so libraries.  So, I'll create a filter
for
each library and call it "LIBRARY-Source Files", and then set that one

filter to limit to *FILE and PF-SRC for the file type.   Then I'll
create
a filter pool that might be titled "APPLICATION NAME" and put all of my

"LIBRARY-Source Files" filters in that filter pool.  When I expand
"APPLICATION NAME" I would see my dozen or so, "LIBRARY-Source Files",
the
I could expand the specific library that I need.  This seems to work
for
me, until I get to a source file that has - say a 1,000 or more
members,
then it takes WAY too long to expand even the QRPGSRC or what ever.
Then
I have to have more filters, just for specific groups of member names.

HTH

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882