I have a system, that pleases me, but I feel there is always room for
improvement.

On the i5, I call a program that creates my development library. We have
quite a few standards. One is a CLP that quite simply puts the library list
in place and makes the development library as the CURLIB. This program will
always be called when we compile.

I create a RSE connection. I set the properties so that when I connect, this
CLP is called.
In the connection I have 1 filter pool activated. In this pool I have all my
filters based on the CURLIB. One will be called My Developments, for
example, and will automatically show all the sources I am modifying in the
development library.

Now, this is the part I like : when I create a new development library on
the i5, I simply copy my RSE connection and change the library name in the
properties. No need to create any new filters.

To work with the production libraries, I have a separate RSE connection and
there it's not so simple. I have a lot of filter pools. I've tried
organising them by application name like Jeff, I've tried giving each one a
libray name and inside having a filter for names A-D, E-G, etc, but I admit
that its a bit of a mess.

I have one more RSE connection called TEST that I use to test for all my
developments. When I connect to this one, I have to first click on  a
commande filter that will call the library set up program with a prompt so
that I can tell it which test library I am going to use for the connection.
Then, when the connection is established, I will automatically see all my
test programs that are standard from one test library to another.

To recap, I have 3 basic RSE connection types : One for PROD, one for TEST
and as many for development as I have projects to work on.