So this would be a member filter or a file filter?

<jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/28/07 9:59 AM >>>

I use filter pools all the time.  For example, I might have an application
that might take up a dozen or so libraries.  So, I'll create a filter for
each library and call it "LIBRARY-Source Files", and then set that one
filter to limit to *FILE and PF-SRC for the file type.   Then I'll create
a filter pool that might be titled "APPLICATION NAME" and put all of my
"LIBRARY-Source Files" filters in that filter pool.  When I expand
"APPLICATION NAME" I would see my dozen or so, "LIBRARY-Source Files", the
I could expand the specific library that I need.  This seems to work for
me, until I get to a source file that has - say a 1,000 or more members,
then it takes WAY too long to expand even the QRPGSRC or what ever.  Then
I have to have more filters, just for specific groups of member names.

HTH

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Dave Boettcher" <DBoettch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/28/2007 09:53 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Filter Pools

Just installed WDSC V7 yesterday and saw the message when making new
connections about filter pools.
It seems they have been there before but I haven't used them.
We have three system i computers, really two but one has two partitions.
On one of the partitions there are several applications that I work with.
Each application has several libraries.

Will filter pools reduce the complexity of my filters or simply increase
the frustration when I can't see the copybook from all of them for
example.
I tried Help under V7 but couldn't seem to find anything relevant.
If someone can point me to help or have tips tht would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave B