Jeff;

I change my filter to position to the prefix characters of the source I'm
looking for by using the wildcard *  for example act*

The filters are quick and easy to change, and the result is usually very
fast.

Darrell Lee
Information Technology
Extension 7127

jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/23/2007 03:28 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Filters (Was: websphere udate for 6.0.0.1)

Dave,

I've had many the same issue with WDSC.  I work over a VPN and I HATE to
wait for the entire filter to load.  One thing that was nice in PDM was
that you could position to a specific member, and get to it quickly. Even
if you didn't know the entire name of the member - you could at-lease get
started and then look from there.  With WDSC - the Shift-ctrl-A works
fine, but only if you know the lib/file and member name.

I wish that WDSC had an setting for "fast loading of lists..." that would
show the first 10-15, or so of a filter list, then fill in the rest while
I was looking at the top of the list.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Dave Shaw" <daveshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/23/2007 03:21 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Filters (Was: websphere udate for 6.0.0.1)

Greg,

I am slowly setting up a set of permanent filters that I can use.  The
issue
is our production source.  We have so many members in it, QRPGLESRC
especially, that I have to subset in order for it to be useful (and to
avoid
locking WDSC up for a long time).  I don't know the count, but it's many
thousands.  Every so often I make a filter that's too all-encompassing and

kick myself while I wait for it.  The pitfalls of a large shop, I guess. I

already have sixteen permanent filters and 5 project ones, and I've only
begun.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries