Trying to be an optimist here.  Since it is preview technology, maybe it
isn't ready for primetime and is lacking some of the functionality that
would
make us totally switch over to using it and not look back.  I know the
WDHT
preview technology in my opinion (seamless integration between WebFacing
and
HATS) was not really that seamless.  But it was a start and will only get
better.  Maybe just maybe the Code Designer replacement is functional but
not quite there and so they are releasing it in the Advanced version
giving
them more time to make it even better so that when it is included in the
Standard edition of WDSC that they will have a manageable list of
enhancements from those of us who are willing to use it every day.  I
can't
see how IBM can not at some point give the Standard Users of WDSC a
replacement for Code Designer.  It just means we have to wait a little
longer.  This will also give them time to develop features within for a
standard and advanced version of it.  That is my hopeful thought about the

new release.  I have been using WDSC since it first came out and had been
using WebSphere Studio to do Java web apps before there was a WDSC
integrated development environment and I have seen improvements everytime.

It is just that sometimes I would like to see the improvements sooner than

later.

Cheri

Cheri Duchrow
cduchrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
920-969-7038
This e-mail and attachment(s) may contain privileged and confidential
information and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message. Any other use, printing, copying, forwarding or
retention of this e-mail, is strictly prohibited.