From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:42 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Organisation of filters, pools, etc

Hi Rick,

I like your system.  I'm interested to know - do you have any
specific problems with it?  You said you had been doing it
all wrong, but I would say that there isn't really a right or
wrong way to do it, just whatever works anyone's particular
case.  That said, I'll explain how I use filter pools.  It
sounds to me like you have a different development process
than we do here, so this may not help you specifically, but
with luck it will give you some ideas that you can apply to
your situation.

I generally only use one connection, as I mostly do
development in one development library, and don't have need
for different library lists very often.  However, this tended
to make each filter rather cluttered.  The solution I came up
with was to create one filter pool for each application group
that I work on regularly.  Our naming convention includes a
two-letter code for application type.  DS for dispatch, FL
for fuel and mileage tracking, VM for vehicle maintenance,
etc.  Then, within each filter pool, I have a filter for each
source type (RPG, Display, PF and LF, etc.).  Let me know if
you want more detail than that.

When I click right +  new on iseries objects, under
filter pool is
"filter pool reference". If I choose this, the menu
proposes a list
of profiles. What exactly is this filter pool reference?

From what I understand, each filter pool is an object independent of
the
connection, so you can choose which filter pools appear on a
per-connection basis.  I think the default is for each filter
pool to appear in all new connections.  Does that help at all?

HTH,
Adam

P.S. - Sorry for replying to Rick's message (wrong
threading), but our mail server seems to block the first
message in a thread periodically.
Grrr.

Attention:

The information contained in this message and or attachments
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any system and destroy any copies. Thank you for your time
and consideration.

Attention:

Le contenu de ce message et(ou) les fichiers ci-joints
s'adressent exclusivement à la personne ou -entité à laquelle
ils sont destinés. Ils peuvent contenir de l'information
confidentielle, protégée et(ou) classifiée. Il est
strictement interdit à toute personne ou entité autre que
le(la) destinataire
prévu(e) de ce message d'examiner, de réviser, de
retransmettre ou de diffuser cette information, de prendre
une quelconque action en fonction ou sur la base de celle-ci,
ou d'en faire tout autre usage. Si vous avez reçu ce message
par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec l'expéditeur(trice),
supprimer ce message et les fichiers ci-inclus de tout
système, et en détruire toutes copies, qu'elles soient
électroniques ou imprimées. Nous vous remercions de votre
entière collaboration.

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.