Hi Mihael,

thank you for your quick answer, but probably my question was not precise
enough.
I already know how to write an eclipse editor plug-in with an outline
view. I did this before.
But I want to know how to do this in LPEX!

The i5 remote system explorer allows me to open my i5-source file only
with the LPEX remote system editor
not with any of these eclipse plug-ins and not with the LPEX base editor.
Any eclipse standard plug-in will not know how to connect to an i5.
I already registered my own parser to the LPEX remote system editor and
managed to parse my files and colored my keywords - but no outline view.
(I have no access to getAdapter in the LPEX-editor)

So again my question: Is it possible at all (without having access to
IBM's source code and patch the whole thing)?
Or can I tell the i5 remote system explorer to use my own plug-in? I could
then subclass LPEX and overwrite getAdapter.

Dietmar

"Knezevic, Mihael" <Mihael.Knezevic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
24.01.2007 15:08
Bitte antworten an
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

An
"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [WDSCI-L] Extending LPEX: is an outline view possible?

this is a more generic eclipse question and perhaps this faq entry answers
it:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/FAQ_How_do_I_create_an_Outline_view_for_my_own_language_editor%3F