The LPEX Editor provide you access to getAdapter() in its Lpex[*]TextEditor classes (see documentation for package com.ibm.lpex.alef), so you could use it for your parser in an LPEX-based editor plug-in.

However, for access to i5 sources, you must indeed extend WDSC-specific code, in which I'm not an expert.

Dietmar.Buerkle@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Mihael,

thank you for your quick answer, but probably my question was not precise enough. I already know how to write an eclipse editor plug-in with an outline view. I did this before. But I want to know how to do this in LPEX! The i5 remote system explorer allows me to open my i5-source file only with the LPEX remote system editor not with any of these eclipse plug-ins and not with the LPEX base editor. Any eclipse standard plug-in will not know how to connect to an i5. I already registered my own parser to the LPEX remote system editor and managed to parse my files and colored my keywords - but no outline view.
(I have no access to getAdapter in the LPEX-editor)

So again my question: Is it possible at all (without having access to IBM's source code and patch the whole thing)? Or can I tell the i5 remote system explorer to use my own plug-in? I could then subclass LPEX and overwrite getAdapter.