Manuel,

I guess the last email that I sent to XML support worked. They called me
at noon today. It took them 30 minutes to explain what I had been trying
to find out for 3 weeks. The DB2 XML Extender that we purchased is only
a GREEN SCREEN
Application.

I created me a Cheat Sheet and will include it for you to read. I will
start the tutorial lessons in a few minutes. One Step further many more
to go!

                                   DB2 XML Extender Version 8 Notes

1.      DB2 XML Extender is for use on the iSeries
      This is a purchase product you have to buy from IBM
      This is a Green Screen application only, not intended to be used
with Websphere or other tool.
2.      Use these two manuals:
      **DB2 UDB Extenders for iSeries, XML Extender requirements
          Contains the required Licensed Program Products needed on the
iSeries
          5722SS1......13.......OS/400 - System Openness Includes
          5722SS1......33.......OS/400 - Portable App Solutions
Environment
          5722SS1......39.......OS/400 - International Components for
Unicode
          5722WDS.....51.......Compiler - ILE C
          5722ST1.................DB2 Query Mgr and SQL DevKit
          5733XT1.................XML Toolkit Option 7 is needed if
using V5R3

        **XML Extender Administration and Programming
          Use this to enable the iSeries database for XML and to use
          XML Extender tutorial lessons:
             Lesson 1: Storing an XML document in a Column...
             Lesson 2: Composing an XML document....

          If you have all the required products above then proceed to
the
          Prerequisites:

          1.  DB2 Universal Database(iSeries)needs to be at V5R3
              You will need to know your iSeries name, if you aren't for
sure
              Use this command on the iSeries to display it "wkrdbdire
opt 5"
          2.  Navigator is optional (I wasn't successful with this yet,
so I
              am using the iSeries command line to do tutorials)
          3.  Setting up the tutorial environment for iSeries
              Go to page 38, Setting up XML Extender samples and the
              development environment for iSeries

          From this point on the instructions are pretty basic, I was
able
          to get everything ready to start the tutorial.

     During my phone call with IBM I was told that the iSeries file had
to be
     Journaled to work with the XML Extender.(SQL based)

     DXXSHED - XML to DB2 (iSeries command)
     DXXGENXML - DB2 to XML