I am not actually experiencing this problem myself, I took Aaron's problem
to be the sequence that Violaine described, rather than trying conflicting
edits.

I was just offering the fact that the RSE creates local copies as a
possible explanation for his problem.

regards

James O'Sullivan
Senior Technical Consultant
email: josulli4@xxxxxxx
Office: +44 1252 536681
Fax: +44 1252 534022
www: midrange.csc.com

Based at: Tower 2, Floor 2, Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ

CSC Corporation Limited: No. 1812179.
All registered office addresses: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ. Registered in England.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          To
             idrange.com               Websphere Development Studio Client
                                       for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             03/05/2006 17:22
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] IFS file not showing
             Please respond to         most current data
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

I think they are referring to the following sequence instead:
1. Open IFS file from RSE, work with it.
2. Use EDTF on iSeries to change, save, close.
3. Save from RSE.

Does the changes in number 2 be overwritten or does RSE say, wait this has
changed since you opened it...

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

Violaine Batthish <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/05/03 12:03 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] IFS file not showing most current data

Hi James,

When editing from RSE, if the remote copy (of anything: IFS file, iSeries
member, UNIX file etc), if the remote copy was updated since the last temp
copy was made, then it is supposed to be downloaded again before opening.
In fact, when I tried the scenario below (using 6011 of RSE):
1. Open IFS file from RSE, change, save, close
2. Use EDTF on iSeries to change, save, close
3. Reopen IFS file from RSE
I find all changes that were made in step 2.

If this is not what you are experiencing, then I recommend contacting
official IBM support, as it will not be a straightforward investigation.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing
more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. - Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

wdsci-l-bounces+batthish=ca.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/05/2006
10:09:35 AM:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>              "albartell"

>              <albartell@gmail.

>              com>
>              Sent by:                  "'Websphere Development Studio

>              wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries'"

>              idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

>              03/05/2006 14:58
Subject
>                                        Re: [WDSCI-L] IFS file not
showing

>                                        most current data

>              Please respond to

>                  Websphere

>                 Development

>              Studio Client for

>                   iSeries

>              <wdsci-l@midrange

>                    .com>

> This seems like a very dangerous way for RSE to operate.  What if I open
> the
> local cached version unknowing that it has been changed and start
modifying
> it and then do a save?
>
> The IFS is being used more and more for development purposes and it
SHOULD
> operate the same as members in source physical files. They are both
coming
> from the server side and should act similarly IMO.
>
> Aaron Bartell

On
> Behalf Of James O'Sullivan
> Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:41 AM
> To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
> Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] IFS file not showing most current data
>

> Aaron,
>       the RSE creates local copies of the IFS file on your harddrive. So
> when you open the file via the RSE after it has been updated directly on
> the
> iSeries, it is opening the local copy which has not yet been
> updated/synchronised. You can select the Refresh option against the file
> and
> this should pick up the changes in the local copy.
> Don't know if there is a way to automate this.
>
> regards
>

> James O'Sullivan
> Senior Technical Consultant
> email: josulli4@xxxxxxx
> Office: +44 1252 536681
> Fax: +44 1252 534022
> www: midrange.csc.com
>
> Based at: Tower 2, Floor 2, Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
> Hampshire, GU11 1PZ
>
> CSC Corporation Limited: No. 1812179.
> All registered office addresses: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road,
Aldershot,
> Hampshire, GU11 1PZ. Registered in England.

> ------------------------

> delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to
> bind
> CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
> agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail
> for such purpose.

> ------------------------
>

>              "albartell"
>              <albartell@gmail.
>              com>
>              Sent by:                  "'Websphere Development Studio
>              wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries'"
>              idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

>              03/05/2006 14:25
Subject
>                                        [WDSCI-L] IFS file not showing
most
>                                        current data
>              Please respond to
>                  Websphere
>                 Development
>              Studio Client for
>                   iSeries
>              <wdsci-l@midrange
>                    .com>
>

> I have been having a problem when viewing/editing IFS files from RSE. If
> open an IFS file in RSE and close it, and then the IFS is changed via a
> program on the iSeries, then I open the IFS file again from RSE, it
doesn't
> always display the changes made by the program.  Though the changes can
be
> seen using EDTF from the command line.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem?
>
> Version: 6.0.1
>
> Aaron Bartell
> http://mowyourlawn.com/blog

This email communication and accompanying documents is intended only for
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. Any use of this information by individuals or
entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this in error, please notify the sender and delete all the
copies (electronic or otherwise) immediately.