That being true, I've recently installed the WDSC(Lite), have my SQL
syntax checking "On", and it's pretty fast.  I can't even count to 1
before the syntax error comes back.

I'm on a 3ghz with 1g of RAM.

The only thing that takes any time for me is when it retrieves lists,
like when I copy delete source members and such.  Even that only takes
10-15 seconds or so.

Greg