Rich,

If you're not allowed to use WDSC, then I'm guessing that you're not
allowed to use free format ILE RPG.

But on the off chance that you are at least using RPG IV, a simple demo
may help convince them.

Make sure you show:
1) The outline view
2) Context assist (Ctrl-Space) usefulness for BIFs, long procedure /
variable names, qualified data structures, and even op-codes in fixed
format.
3) The ease of correcting compilation errors by clicking on the error
and being taking to the line of code with the error
4) Editing/Browsing multiple sources at once.
5) CODE Designer for creating screens and reports

IMHO, if you're trying to do RPG IV in SEU, then you are wrong.  For RPG
IV, the productivity benefits of using WDSCi or CODE instead of SEU are
huge.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343