Xuan,

Yes the debugger worked under v5.1.2.  No we do not use nat.

One iSeries is on the LAN and the other is accessed via a vpn connection.
Both boxes have worked previously w/v5.1.2

The debugger also appears to work /rpg programs that utilize the rpg cycle.
However, service programs and programs that have many sub-procedures do not
appear to work.

Thanks ... Karim
KarimGenaidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 972-668-1487
Home: 972-668-1486
Cell: 214-850-2999

message: 3
date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 06:38:26 -0500
from: "Karim Genaidy" <KarimGenaidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Debug w/WDSCi v6.0.0.1 not working?

We have 2 machines on v5r3 w/the pre-requisite ptf's applied for running
WDSCi v6.0 (si18343,si17654,si18710,mf35696) and cum package 5207 applied.

We start the debug server on the iSeries via STRDBGSVR, enter the debug
perspective and specify a program or service program to debug.

We receive a "No Response from debug engine" message box ... then click
"yes" box to wait.  This pattern continues indefinitely w/out ever being
actually able to debug the program/service program.

Has anyone experienced this problem and/or have a solution for it.
Temporarily we are back to using the green screen debugger.

Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions.

Thanks ... Karim
KarimGenaidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 972-668-1487
Home: 972-668-1486
Cell: 214-850-2999
message: 8
date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:20:32 -0400
from: Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Debug w/WDSCi v6.0.0.1 not working?

Hi Karim,

Did debugger work before you install WDSC 6.0 (i.e., WDSC 5.1.2, etc)?
Just wondering if you use NAT setting for your iSeries boxes.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx