Rick:

<snip>
        Is there a way to set up an Auto-Save on WDSCI?  I know it was
my own fault
for not saving - busy day - lots of interruptions - WHOLE DAY's Work
gone in
an eye blink.  Painful lesson.  A regular auto-save would help but I
can't
find anyway to engage...
</snip>

I, too, would like an auto-save feature.  But I'm not ready to throw the
baby out with the bath water.

I frequently save.  The quickest way that I have found to do a save is
ctrl-S.  Typically I do this after ever 5-20 lines changed.  I have not
had WDSc crash as often as what it sounds like you have.

What version are you on?  I have found that the latest version (5.1.2.4)
is the most stable yet.  It is also the most feature-rich.  I'm
addicted...although I use SEU for simple things, as soon as I get past
about a 5-line change, I switch to WDSc.  Even with all of its quirks,
it's leap years past SEU.  (Now, PDM...that's another story...)

Hope this helps,
--Bruce Guetzkow