  Don, this is strange.

  I looked at the file and it contains bbyyy.com.  When I bring up WDSC it
  shows msproxy.com in the preferences.

  I renamed the file and restarted WDSC.  In preferences it still showed
  msproxy.com.  No new pref_store.ini  file was created.

  I changed it to bbyyy.com and clicked apply.  A new pref_store.ini file
  appeared that contained bbyyy.com.  Update manager still doesn't work.

  I restarted WDCS and msproxy.com is back in the preferences,  which leads
  me to wonder if msproxy.com is still hidden away somewhere.  The
  pref_store.ini file still contains bbyyy.com.

  Sam

  <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Can't change proxy host address
  >Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:17:31 -0500
  >
  >Hi Sam,
  >
  >I have been unable to reproduce this problem with my copy of WDSc 5.1.2.4
  >(and there wouldn't be any fixes in .4 from .2 that would fix this.)
  There