Sam,

Do you have anything specified on the "Internet" preference page?  I'm
wondering if you have that proxy server specified there and it's
overriding it.  The other thing to try would be to search all
pref_store.ini files under .metadata\.plugins for the string "msproxy.com"
to see where this is coming from.

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

"Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/18/2005 02:57 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Can't change proxy host address

   Don, this is strange.

   I looked at the file and it contains bbyyy.com.  When I bring up WDSC
it
   shows msproxy.com in the preferences.

   I renamed the file and restarted WDSC.  In preferences it still showed
   msproxy.com.  No new pref_store.ini  file was created.

   I changed it to bbyyy.com and clicked apply.  A new pref_store.ini file
   appeared that contained bbyyy.com.  Update manager still doesn't work.

   I restarted WDCS and msproxy.com is back in the preferences,  which
leads
   me to wonder if msproxy.com is still hidden away somewhere.  The
   pref_store.ini file still contains bbyyy.com.

   Sam

   <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Can't change proxy host address
   >Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:17:31 -0500
   >
   >Hi Sam,
   >
   >I have been unable to reproduce this problem with my copy of WDSc
5.1.2.4
   >(and there wouldn't be any fixes in .4 from .2 that would fix this.)
   There
   >may be some base WSSD fixes that solved this but you are at a catch-22
   >(can't get those fixes until you get this fixed : )
   >
   >You can work around this by shutting down WDSc and manually updating
the
   >preference, then restarting WDSc. You can find it stored in the text
   file:

   >C:\Documents and Settings\%windows user ID%\My

>Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.update.core\pref_store.ini
   >
   >This assumes you accepted the default workspace location.
   >
   >Don Yantzi
   >Technical Release Lead
   >WebSphere Development Studio &
   >WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
   >IBM Toronto Lab
   >Phone: (905) 413-4476
   >IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx
   >

   >"Samuel J Lennon" <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   >Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces+yantzi=ca.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   >02/16/2005 10:03 AM
   >Please respond to
   >Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

   >wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   >cc
   >
   >Subject
   >[WDSCI-L] Can't change proxy host address
   >

   >    I'm running 5.1.2.2, Build id: 20041014_2121.  I've never been
able