wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/15/2004 07:24:04 AM:

> Colin and Stu,
>
> Thanks.  I'll leave everything installed and try to make sure I never
run
> the wssd Client.  What I find particularly confusing is that I now see
two
> complete directory paths that are used - one for each Client.  Weird way
> install.

It doesn't matter which client you start, you will get the same thing. The
only reason there is a second executable (wdsc.exe) is for branding
purposes.  This lets them put up a WDSC splash screen and label the
application as WDSC.  If you started the other executable the branding
would change but the functionality would all remain.

As for the directory structure, that is how you are supposed to install
Eclipse-based applications.  There isn't any real duplication of content.
There is a main Eclipse folder installed that has the core Eclipse and IBM
functionality.  There are then two other directory structures, one which
contains the additional WSSD functionality, and one which contains the
additional WDSC functionality.  Back in the main Eclipse folder, there is
a subfolder named "links".  This contains link files that pull in that
other content.

Any Eclipse based application or add-in, has to have a structure like
this:

<installdir>
     |----eclipse
         |-----features
         |-----plugins

Which is probably why it looks like there is a repetition of content.  The
"code" all lives in the plugins folder and the content in those folders is
unique.

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. by IBM Email Security Management Services