I know there has recently been a thread on losing source while using WDSC.
Just happened to me.  When I clicked the save button, I got another editor
window with an error message that I didn't keep.  It had the path to my
source member.  The source type was SQLRPGLE.  I had open 2 RPGLE, 1 CMD, 1
CLLE, and 1 .java file.  I had recently switched from the java perspective
to RSE.

Then I tried saving it to a new source member (using save-as) and got a
dialog box that says:

"RSEF1002E Operation failed. File system input or output error"

In the details tab it says:

"Message reported from system: records: Length is not valid."

What I did was create a new source member, copy the contents (with
ALT-L/ALT-C) from the one I couldn't save to the new member, save the new
member, verify in seu that the source is in the new member, close both the
new member and the one that won't save, at a cmdline copy the new member to
the one that wouldn't save, then reopen it.  Now it's working.

My version:
Version: 5.1.0.3
Build id: 20040610_1200

Phil