I'm using 5.1.0.3, and this happens to me also (on the outline view - I
don't often use verify.)  But not always.  There is one source member where
I can duplicate the hanging of the outline refresh option.  I've looked in
the .log file in the .metadata directory and I see entries like this one:

!SESSION Sep 22, 2004 08:06:25.490
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.3.1 IBM Windows 32 build cn131-20030711a (JIT
enabled: jitc)
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\.\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data C:\Documents and
Settings\1471135\My Documents\IBM\wdsc\workspace -feature com.ibm.wdsclient
-install file:C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/Site
Developer/v5.1/eclipse/
!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.systems.core 4 0 Sep 22, 2004 08:06:25.490
!MESSAGE RSEG1035E
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 22, 2004 15:57:11.667
!MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 22, 2004 15:57:11.727
!MESSAGE Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError)
!STACK 0

Usually, though, I have no problems.

Phil
\

                      Brian.Johnson@help

                      systems.com               To:       wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      wdsci-l-bounces@mi        Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Verify and
refresh outline
                      drange.com

                      09/24/2004 06:06

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development Studio

                      Client for iSeries

WDSCi 5.1.2.1

Every time I try to view the outline of RPGIV source, or verify RPGIV
source, WDSC hangs up.  The animated progress indicator is 'working', and
I can click the cancel button, but that is ineffective.   I have to end
javaw.exe process from task manager.  I have, in the past used both these
features, but they have stopped working.  Is there something I can to
restore them to good health?

Brian Johnson
Software Engineer
Help/Systems, Inc.