I am having an issue within my shop of WDSC jobs within QUSRWRK dropping about
60 minutes after no activity. This problem is happening to all developers so
this issue seems to be targeted to the iSeries and may be not the client.

When I first bring up WDSC and look at iSeries Jobs -> Your active jobs ->
QUSRWRK within my connection I have two jobs as nnnnnn/QUSER/QZRCSRVS.

We run TurnOver here. So when I open up a Worklist project, additional jobs are
added. In addition to the previous two jobs, I now have one more
nnnnnn/QUSER/QZRCSRVS job, a nnnnnn/QUSER/QZDASOINIT, and a
nnnnnn/QUSER/QRWTSRVR job.

Now if I wait for approximately 60 minutes all the jobs have timed out and are
no longer there. Although a new nnnnnn/QUSER/QZRCSRVS was created. This does
not seem to be a problem for RSE as it will just refresh new jobs and go on
it's merry way. However, within the TurnOver perspective I get the following
error message...

"An unexpected error occurred.
 Select Details or see the TurnOver Console or Error Log for more information.

 Reason: Exception 'java.net.SocketException' received."

The Details list...

"Plug-in Provider:  SoftLanding Systems, Inc.
 Plug-in Name:  TurnOver UI
 Plug-in ID:  com.softlanding.turnover.ui
 Version:  5.30.20031017"

The stack trace on the error...

"com.ibm.as400.data.PcmlException: Exception 'java.net.SocketException'
received.
 at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
 at com.ibm.as400.data.XmlException.<init>(XmlException.java:66)
 at
com.ibm.as400.data.ProgramCallDocument.callProgram(ProgramCallDocument.java:281)
 at com.softlanding.turnover.core.programs.Program.callProgram(Program.java:31)
 at
com.softlanding.plugins.turnoverexplorer.compile.CompileWizard.run(CompileWizard.java:169)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:302)
 at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:252)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:357)
 at
com.softlanding.plugins.turnoverexplorer.compile.CompileWizard.initialize(CompileWizard.java:147)
 at
com.softlanding.plugins.turnoverexplorer.compile.CompileWizard.<init>(CompileWizard.java:82)
 at
com.softlanding.plugins.turnoverexplorer.compile.CompileWizard.<init>(CompileWizard.java:86)
 at
com.softlanding.turnover.lpex.CompileWizardAction.run(CompileWizardAction.java:69)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
 at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)
 at
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
 at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
 at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeL(AccessibleObject.java:207)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
 at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)"

This happens even if I refresh via the RSE perspective prior to using the
TurnOver perspective. When these jobs are ended TurnOver is lost. To use the
TurnOver perspective again I have to close down WDSC and restart. Major pain in
the butt! I am assuming it is these ended jobs that are playing havoc with
TurnOver as I have no problems within the perspective as long as I am
relatively active.

We have contacted IBM support as well as Softlanding support with no remedies.
This problem number is lost in a shuffle with IBM. All I really got from
Softlanding was that these TCP/IP jobs do not drop at their site and that oneof
their developers would put in a provision to handle dropped connections. I
would prefer that the jobs do not end. Does anyone know how to make these jobs
stay active until WDSC is shut down manually versus timing out?

Best regards,

Gregg Willow
Programmer/Analyst
Minnesota Counties Information Systems